American Products, Inc. (API), is a local manufacturer serving the construction, retail, and restaurant industry. We specialize in manufacturing architectural metal products locally from our facilities in Oldsmar, Fl. These products include, but are not limited to the following: Storefronts, Doors, Canopies, Sunshades, ACM panel systems, Brake metal, Awnings, Roof screens, and handrails.
We have a very impressive customer base that includes companies like Chipotle, Outback, Lululemon, Warby Parker, Panera, Wawa, Forever 21, H&M, Gap, Old Navy, Athleta, etc.
We are seeking a dynamic Project Manager to work with our Project Management Team and Account Managers as well as our clients from the beginning of a project through project completion. Position requires EXCELLENT computer skills.
Project Manager Requirements:
- Minimum of two years’ experience as estimator, project manager, or similar position in construction or manufacturing
- Ability to understand and interpret specifications and Architectural drawings
- Must have excellent communication skills to work with clients and meet their expectations in a professional manner.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability self-motivate
- Ability to work in a team environment and be able to stay proactive and effective.
- Above average computer skills an absolute must! Proficient with Microsoft Office programs required and experience with Project Management software such as Procore or MS Project is preferred.
- Prior knowledge of various types of architectural building materials such as, Storefront systems, Canopies, Awnings, ACM, Handrail, Asset Protection, Restroom Partitions & Accessories, etc.
- Prior experience with structural steel, architectural metals, architectural products, etc. a plus
- AutoCAD experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management a plus
Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage project from receipt of Purchase Order through shipping.
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and manage bid list due dates, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Maintain positive relationships with Construction Managers, General Contractors, Architects and Vendors
- Ability to read construction documents, including, but not limited to drawings, specifications, addenda and bulletins
- Ensure we deliver a safe, high quality product to our customers.
- Work with internal teams such as sales, estimation, and bid coordination to discuss additional or existing pre-qualified scopes.
- Review and analyze vendors’ quotations for scope of work
- Provide detailed proposals and accurate bid packages in a timely manner.
- Produce reporting for senior management, providing detailed project updates and profit projections.
Project Manager Employee Benefits:
Health & Dental (We currently contribute 50% of an individual’s monthly health insurance premium)
Vision, 401K with company match, Life Insurance, competitive paid time off package, and paid holidays
Key Terms: Construction, Manufacturing, Hiring Immediately, Project Manager, Project Management, Construction Project Manager, Manufacturing Project Manager, Manager, Project Manager Construction, PMP, Construction Manager, Manufacturing Manager